|The Import Utility for IBM® Lotus Notes® / Domino® enables you to import data from the following file formats directly into Lotus Notes:
- Comma Delimited (CSV)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook (Contacts)
- Fixed Width
- Filesystem files (imported as file attachments)
- Notes Structured Text
- Other Character Delimited files
The Import utility includes the following features:
- Existing documents can be found and updated with imported data (using view lookup or database search).
- Options available for handling import of duplicate records.
- Starting record number and maximum number of records to import can be specified.
- Import can be performed directly from a specified file on filesystem or import can be performed from file attached to import profile document.
- Imports can be run in the background on the Lotus Notes client enabling you to continue working while the import runs.
- Imports can be scheduled to run at pre-defined times either as a once-off scheduled import or on a regular basis.
- You can specify the field mapping so that imported data is put into the correct fields. Auto-populate field mapping option is also available.
- Computed field mapping enables you to specify hard-coded or evaluated values (using Lotus Notes Formula) to be calculated and put into fields during importing.
- The import can be previewed prior to running the import to ensure the expected data and field mappings are correct.
- You can create your own customized scripts to be executed before the import begins, after each record is imported, and/or after the import has completed.
- Pre-defined LotusScript® objects are available for use in customized scripts.
- ComputeWithForm method can be called after each record has been imported.
- Full help documentation.
- Full error logging and online debugging to help with troubleshooting of problems. Any error logs can be easily sent to our customer support team automatically at the click of a button.
- Intuitive user interface.
- A full update history is available in the Help - About document of the application.